How to find Wettingen Abbey
Klosterhalbinsel Wettingen (Wettingen Abbey)
Tel. +41 (0)848 871 200
Getting here by public transport and car
Wettingen Abbey is well served by public transport. For larger events in particular, we recommend travelling by train and bus.
Train and bus connections
- SBB direct trains run from Zurich main station, Olten, Aarau and Baden to Wettingen.
- From Wettingen station you can reach the abbey on foot in 5 minutes. The signposted path runs through the station underpass towards the south-west / Limmat river.
- RVBW bus line 4 (Baden–Spreitenbach) runs every quarter of an hour via Wettingen Abbey (bus stop "Wettingen, Kloster").
- RVBW bus lines 8 (Wettingen–Neuenhof) and 12 (Dättwil Kantonsspital–Wettingen Tägi) also run via Wettingen Abbey.
- Alternatively, you can reach the abbey via the RVBW stop Neuenhof-Klosterrüti (line 2).
- Please also note our information for people with disabilities.
Wettingen Abbey is located right next to motorway exit 55 at Neuenhof (A1 Bern–Zurich). Follow the signs to "Kloster".
The Park+Ride facility (fee payable) at Wettingen train station offers sufficient parking spaces. From here you can reach Wettingen Abbey on foot in 5 minutes. Please also note our information for people with disabilities.
Parking spaces are available for cars at the Wettingen hydroelectric power plant. The access road is signposted. The walk to the abbey takes about 10 minutes. Alternatively, coaches can drop off and pick up passengers above the abbey. Direct access to the abbey is not possible (entry not permitted for buses due to lack of turning facilities).