Barrier-free arrival and access to the abbey
Visitors with limited mobility can drive up to the abbey complex (Klosterstrasse). However, there are no parking spaces available here. We kindly ask you to park your car in the general parking lot (P+Rail facility at Wettingen train station, 5 minutes’ walk from the abbey). Above the abbey there are also a small number of parking spaces for disabled persons.
Wettingen Abbey is well connected by public transport (for bus and train connections see Getting here).
- The abbey is about 400 metres from Wettingen train station. The train station is wheelchair accessible. The paved and signposted path to the abbey leads through the station underpass in a south-westerly direction / towards the Limmat river.
- The bus stop "Wettingen, Kloster" (RVBW lines 4, 8 and 12) is about 300 metres north of the abbey. RVBW buses are step-free and can be lowered for boarding and alighting. The path from the bus stop to the abbey is level and wheelchair-accessible.
- The route via the bus stop "Neuenhof-Klosterrüti" (RVBW line 2) is not suitable for guests with walking disabilities, because of steps.
Barrier-free access to the abbey
- Guests in wheelchairs: Some of the exhibition rooms are not wheelchair accessible.
- Blind and visually impaired: The exhibition is not suitable for the blind and visually impaired. There is no Braille labelling.
- Hearing impaired: The exhibition does not have an induction-loop system.
- People with intellectual disabilities: There are no labels in simple language.
- The abbey park is only partially accessible to people with reduced mobility, because of steps. However, it is possible to drive via Kanzlerrainstrasse to the lower park entrance at the abbey's plant nursery. Please park your vehicle afterwards in one of the official parking spaces.
- Most of the paths in the abbey park are gravelled.
A handicapped-accessible toilet is located at Klosterstrasse 20 (access badge can be obtained from the visitor centre).