WINTER BREAK CLOSURE
Hallwyl Castle is closed from November 2022 to March 2023. The Castle will open on 1 April 2023.
Opening hours: castle and bistro
|1 April to 29 October 2023|
|Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Whitsun (Whit Sunday and Whit Monday)||10 am – 5 pm|
|Easter (Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday)||10 am – 5 pm|
|Ascension Day||10 am – 5 pm|
|National Holiday (August 1)||10 am – 5 pm|
|Category||p.P.||from 10 p.|
|Adults||CHF 14||CHF 10|
|Vocational trainees and students (up to age 26)||CHF 10||CHF 8|
|Children (6–16 years)||CHF 8||CHF 4|
|Family ticket A (2 adults + max. 5 children)||CHF 35||-|
|Family ticket B (1 adult + max. 5 children)||CHF 25||-|
|Category||p.P.||from 10 p.|
|Adults||CHF 3||CHF 2.50|
|Vocational trainees and students (up to age 26)||CHF 2.50||CHF 2|
|Children (6–16 years)||free||free|
|Season ticket||CHF 10|
- Free admission: Swiss Museum Pass, Raiffeisen Card, Museums-PASS-Musées, VMS, ICOM, Verein "Falken und Fisch"
- Reduced admission: Kulturlegi (50% off the regular museum entrance fee). Guests with disabilities receive the reduced collective/group price (on presentation of an IV card). One accompanying person can visit the museum free of charge.
- Boat trip and castle experience: The combined ticket includes a boat trip on Lake Hallwil and admission to the castle. Price: adults CHF 28, children and half-fare travelcard holders CHF 18. This combined ticket is available at the ticket office of Hallwyl Castle and on the vessels of the Lake Hallwil boat company. Please note: in April and October the boats only operate when the weather is fine. Information on the weather situation can be obtained from the boat company (in German).
- Schools in the canton of Aargau benefit from a 50% reduction on travel, admission and the education programme ("Kultur macht Schule" grant). This offer should be booked directly through Museum Aargau.
- Gift vouchers are available at the ticket office and online (in German).
- Tip: The Castle Pass (Schlösserpass) offers discounted admission to the castles of Hallwyl, Lenzburg and Wildegg. The combined ticket is available at the ticket offices of the participating castles and online (in German). Validity: 2 years. We recommend visiting Habsburg Castle too (free admission).
- Tickets are available at the ticket office and online.
- CHF and EUR are welcome as means of payment. Credit cards (including Postcard, Maestro, Visa and Mastercard), Twint and Reka Checks/Card are also accepted.
- Admission prices may vary for special events (in German). All prices in CHF, prices subject to change.
Notes on visiting the castle
Prams are welcome in the courtyard, but not in the exhibition rooms.
Small bags up to size A4 are permitted in the exhibition rooms. Larger bags and rucksacks must be deposited in the cloakroom of the castle bistro. Lockers are also available.